Belgium Waffles Cincinnati
1. Taste of Belgium, Waffle & Chicken, $10 (brunch/lunch), $14 (dinner)
This Belgian bistro took on a beloved Southern classic with great success, topping a dense, sugary Liège waffle with crunchy fried chicken and maple syrup. And the moral of the story is this: Don’t fear the hot sauce.
2. Hang Over Easy, Chicken and Waffles, $9.99
A soft Belgian waffle cut into quarters is served with chunks of fried chicken and tossed in a “waffle glaze” of hot sauce, maple syrup, and butter. Yep. “Waffle glaze.” 13 West Charlton St., Corryville, (513) 221-5400, Hang Over Easy on Facebook.
3. The Echo, Belgian Bird, $10
This homey east side diner crams chicken tenders, cheddar, and a fried egg between two Belgian waffles. Don’t plan on eating lunch.
4. Sugar n’ Spice, Waffle n’ Wings, $8.50
It comes with a sweet potato waffle and four breaded chicken wings, so make sure to ask for hot sauce on the side for that extra kick.
5. Teller’s of Hyde Park, Chicken & Waffle, $12 (brunch only)
Available only during brunch hours on the weekend, the chicken fingers and waffle are topped with maple whipped cream.